[council] FW: Replacement for Willie Currie on the ATRT

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Sat Oct 2 14:02:01 UTC 2010

Please note the following email string regarding the AoC A&T RT.  As you
are aware, the GNSO endorsed Willie Currie for this RT as selected by
the NCSG.  Unfortunately, Willie had to withdraw from the RT because he
accepted a government position.  As you can see below, the NCSG has
requested that " Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza be installed into the
ATRT as a replacement for Willie" and Peter Dengate Thrush requests that
the GNSO endorse Carlos.

To facilitate this happening as soon as possible, I would like to ask if
any Councilors object to endorsing Carlos as Willie's replacement.  If
so, please communicate your objection not later than Wednesday, 6
October, otherwise I will assume that the GNSO endorses Willie.  As
always, I encourage each of you to consult with your respective
organizations as appropriate.

Thanks for your prompt consideration of this.

Chuck

PS - Please note a correction from Avri.  The following sentence should
say Carlos and not Willie: " Willie was a GNSO Council member for the
NCUC in the past."