[council] RE: Adrian Kinderis - SOI (nee DOI)

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Thu Oct 7 11:36:52 UTC 2010

Hi Adrian

On Oct 7, 2010, at 11:50 AM, Adrian Kinderis wrote:

> Hells Bells.
>
> Sorry folks. That is my Declaration of Interest.
>
> I believe it holds true for the upcoming meeting as most topics are on new gTLD’s.
>
> P.S. What is the point of all this? How would a DOI differ on a meeting to meeting basis from a SOI?

5.1 says an SOI pertains to "the Relevant Party's judgment, any matters to be considered by the GNSO Group" [sic], whereas a DOI pertains to "the Relevant Party's judgment on a specific issue,"  which presumably does not fall within the scope of "any matters"…(?)

> What is the penalty should I not do a DOI?

5.6 Failure to Comply only addresses an SOI, which is to be provided "prior to the start of a GNSO meeting"…(?)

Probably I'm missing something, but in retrospect the language may have merited more discussion prior to approving the motion…

Best,

Bill

William J. Drake
Senior Associate