[council] FW: Voting Remedies due to Absencer

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Thu Oct 28 11:03:53 UTC 2010

Thanks for forwarding this Chuck. I think Avri's email makes a lot of sense. I agree that the rules should not be so cumbersome as to force the Council to spend more time and effort on admin stuff to the detriment of policy issues. I have stated several times that I found the current DOI rules we are trying to work to overly cumbersome, and also voiced my opposition to the way the proxy rules were interpreted recently as they stopped both an RrSG and an NCSG councillor from voicing their vote.

I also share the worry that staff should become "rules enforcers". It is up to Council leaders to enforce the rules, working with the Council.

I do hope we can streamline the rules so that the sound theory and good intentions that went into elaborating them does not stand in the way of the practical sense needed to apply them in our everyday work.

Stéphane

Envoyé de mon iPhone4