[council] ICANN staff

Adrian Kinderis adrian at ausregistry.com.au
Sun Oct 31 01:14:56 UTC 2010

Chuck,

Quick question.

Is it the Council's place or business to question the status of staffing at ICANN?

I may be reading this wrong but there seems to have been a spike in staff turnover in the last 12 months.

I could be wrong and this could simply be a case of normal activity but it causes some concern to me when we have a particularly important 12 months. I am sure we would all like to ensure that ICANN is appropriately staffed, with talented and importantly, DNS experienced people to progress the strategic plan and that the existing staff are supported and managed through this stressful period.

As I say, I am not sure it is our place to question or comment.

Perhaps we could notify our representatives on the Board that we believe it to be an issue, if indeed we deem it to be one?

Thanks.

Adrian Kinderis