[council] ICANN staff

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Sun Oct 31 13:09:55 UTC 2010

Adrian,

As you know, the Council is tasked with managing the policy development
process.  In that context it seems to me that there are elements of
ICANN staffing that are relevant to what the Council does.  In my
opinion policy development involves following up on the implementation
of policies as well as on their ultimate success or failure and
improving them over time, all of which  can be impacted by ICANN's
staffing.

When we start talking about staff turnover though, there is risk of
treading into confidential personnel information, so there is reason for
caution.  Therefore I think it is critical that we stay at a high level
and avoid talking about specific personnel and specific personnel
decisions.

Chuck