[council] WG VI report

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Tue Sep 7 13:49:45 UTC 2010

Hello all.

Although we have now adopted a new process which does not require Council liaisons to send in a report on the WG or DT they are assigned to because that is now being covered by the action items list, I forgot this and started to work on the VI WG report anyway...

I will therefore send it, as its done, but will no longer send separate reports after this one.

Here it is then. Thanks.

Stéphane

Vertical Integration Policy Development Process (VI PDP) - Chairs Roberto Gaetano and Mikey O'Connor - Council Liaison - Stéphane van Gelder – Sept 7, 2010

The working group has produced an interim report. That report is published (please see VI PDP WG wiki at https://st.icann.org/vert-integration-pdp/index.cgi?vertical_integration_pdp).

There has been a lull in the WG activity lately, partly due to the summer vacation period, and partly because the upcoming Board retreat at the end of September may mean new directions for the WG to work in, or may even make the WG's existence moot.

The WG is currently meeting once a week by teleconference. The current topic of discussion is an attempt to identify the harms that might result from applying the various scenarios put forward in the preliminary report. To this end, the WG is conducting broad research and constructing a list of possible harms (from both VI and Vertical Separation).