[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Fwd: [council] Concerns over JAS Working Group and Violations of its Charter

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Wed Apr 13 17:35:45 UTC 2011

Thanks Jeff for forwarding this.

Olivier's email raises concerns as it would seem to confirm there is a lack of clarity in the way the JAS group has been functioning.

On a personal level, I am especially worried to read that a "staff member has relayed an unsubstantiated demand from the Board" and that as a result, a member of the group acting of his own accord has prepared a draft report.

The worries that some on this Council have expressed about the way joint groups work and the risk of seeing them step outside the bounds of the Bottom-up Policy Development Process are clearly real in this context.

Further to the email I have just sent, I would suggest that this situation does indeed warrant us sending a message to the JAS group to enquire about this situation.

Thoughts?

Stéphane