[council] JAS update and deadline

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Fri Aug 19 16:36:39 UTC 2011

Thanks Rafik,

Councilllors, if a small push back can help the JAS WG meet the Board-requested deadlines, then in my view we should at the very least consider it. But a decision needs to be taken quickly and it needs to be very clearly stated that these are exceptional circumstances and that the Council will not alter it's calendar everytime a WG needs a little extra time.

In my conversations with the JAS cochairs and the ALAC chair on this, I have been told that pushing back our Sept 8 meeting by 15 days would give the JAS WG the time it needs to present it's final report to us.

I can, of course, also see reasons for not wanting to push our meeting back. So if anyone is very opposed to doing so, please say so by Wednesday next week so that we can take a timely decision.



Envoyé de mon iPhone4

Le 19 août 2011 à 03:38, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Dear fellow-councillors,
> while the JAS WG members are working hard on drafting the final report with all difficulties(commitment during summer holidays etc) , I am sending this email to kindly ask for consideration to push back the gnso confcall planned for 8th September (or considering special call) and also delaying for few days the deadline for finalizing the report. a webinar for icann community is also planned to make it more easy to get a  fast track on the report updates (knowing that is also another workload for WG members).helping the discussion among councillors and their respective SG/C regarding the report.
> I will be glad to  get your feedback and answer your questions.
> Best,
> Rafik

More information about the council mailing list