[council] Fwd: Open letter to ICANN from the Legal Counsels of intergovernmental organisations (IGO's)

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Mon Dec 19 09:37:34 UTC 2011

This is a FYI. I was merely copied onto an updated version of a letter that had previously been sent to ICANN leadership only, with fewer signatories.

As to Council actions, the way I see it, before determining how we could act, the Council must first determine a position. This can be done through informal discussion at the moment. I'm sure we all have a view on whether these requests should be entertained or not.

We may get a formal call for action at some point from the Board, like we did on the RC and IOC names, so having thrashed the issue around beforehand amongst ourselves can do no harm.

Thanks,

Stéphane