[council] SO/AC Chair Roundtable and Dinner

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Mon Feb 21 17:26:56 UTC 2011

Councillors,

I wanted to update you on the discussion that is due to happen between the SO/AC Chairs and Rod prior to the SF meeting.

Here is some information I have received about this from Rod:

"Based on the input received, we are now planning a two- hour informal
roundtable for the SO/AC Chairs on Friday, March 1.  Following the SO/AC roundtable, I am pleased to host a dinner.

As I have noted to some of you, for several ICANN meetings now, I wished to find more time to have the Chairs come together with me to exchange views on their activities and programs for the future.  As this has been a scheduling challenge during the midst of the public meetings, I asked David Olive, Vice President for Policy Development Support to investigate whether we might find some time just prior to the March ICANN meeting.  I am glad to know that March 11 turns out to be the best time to get together.

The goal is to have an informal discussion of what the SO/AC Chairs hope to see as the most significant challenges/opportunities for ICANN and how we could work better together on sharing information about SO/AC priorities."

Stéphane