[council] AOB Requests for 24 February Meeting

Rosette, Kristina krosette at cov.com
Tue Feb 22 19:41:14 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I have two AOB requests/questions for staff for our 24 February Council meeting.

1.  Schedule for San Francisco Meeting:  What is the difference (other than the day) between the two "New gTLD Program: Discussion of Issues Identified by [GAC]" sessions that are scheduled for Monday and Wednesday?  Also, why is the Public Forum scheduled for only 2 hours (down from 5 in Cartagena) given that the room appears to be open long enough for a 4-hour public forum?

2.   Study on defense registrations/registrant behavior:  Today's announcement "New gTLD Program: Public Comment Summary & Analyses and Supporting Documents refers to a to-be-released "study of defensive registrations and registrant behavior in order to better understand the prevalence of defensive registrations in new gTLDs."  If that document has not been released by the time of our meeting, a brief summary from staff would be greatly appreciated.  (In the alternative, I will be more than happy to forward to the appropriate staff person the tens of emails I've received asking me about it.)
Many thanks.