FW: [council] Response from ICANN Compliance re. RAP recommendations

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Wed Feb 23 18:13:40 UTC 2011

Forwarded on behalf of : Ken Stubbs

Ken Stubbs wrote:

Plz fwd on my behalf to the council...

I believe it goes further than the issues you have surfaced here Jeff.

ICANN compliance staff should have been involved much earlier in the process (Actually from the inception of the original WG).
This would have allowed them to identify issues like they have outlined in the letter received recently (see attached letter)
"early on" and made it easier for both the WG as well as ICANN staff to develop recommendations that were capable of being effectively implemented.

At the same time it would have put ICANN on notice that there many be required in the future necessary changes in staffing, procedures as well
as implementation methodologies needed to adapt to evolving DNS environments and their related issues.

The kinds of issues pointed out here represent a "troubling" continuing "policy-development and management" pattern that needs to be addressed at the highest levels of ICANN management if
we want to these processes to be more efficient and effective in the future.

Ken Stubbs