[council] Proposed friendly amendment to motion 1

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Thu Feb 24 10:49:42 UTC 2011

Councillors,

It has come to my notice that the comment period that I have planned for in my motion to approve the SOI pos (motion 1 on the wiki https://st.icann.org/gnso-council/index.cgi?24_february_motions) is for 21 days. This would mean, presuming that the Council approves this motion today, that the comment period would end at the time of the SF meeting.

As it is customary not to lump everything together during ICANN meetings and therefore not to have comment periods end during them, I would like to propose an FA to lengthen that comment period to 30 days.

That is the only change I am proposing. Wolf, as seconder of the motion would you consider this amendment friendly?

Thanks,

Stéphane