[council] Council/Chair interaction

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Wed Jan 19 14:54:02 UTC 2011

Thanks Adrian,

This came out of our weekend discussions in Cartagena. It is something I stated I was interested in doing, and the response was very positive. The idea came from my observation that the Council actually has limited interaction with the C and SG Chairs, and that tends to leave us somewhat on our own in our "ivory tower". I wanted to try and break down some of that and having an area where the Council leadership can chat with the GNSO group leaders seemed like a good idea.

The aim is just to promote informal discussion. Getting people talking does seem to help solve problems.

I don't see how this "widens the Council". Could you please explain that? The C and SG Chairs are not being asked to join the GNSO Council.

Thanks,

Stéphane