[council] JAS

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Wed Jan 19 17:00:01 UTC 2011

We've been through this already, rather painfully, and spent a lot of
time on it. We ended up at what the majority of the Council believes to
be a good compromise. I don't see why reopening this discussion would
yield any different result.

A single WG operating under two different charters is unworkable.
Personally, I think it looks like there are two options left, 1) since
this is a GNSO issue, we should form a drafting team under our own
version of the charter. It would address the issues and present a
proposal back to the Council to approve and forward to the Board, or 2)
we simply dissolve the CWG and explain the situation to the Board.

In any event, I think it critical that we DO NOT get involved in any
more of these until we work out appropriate rules, procedures,
guidelines, whatever these types of groups.

Tim