[council] SO and AC Chairs meeting with Rod before SF

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Wed Jan 19 17:10:09 UTC 2011

Thanks Tim, Wendy, Jeff for your comments.

Just a few clarifications.

This is being proposed by Rod. It is not the Chairs proposing.

I'm sure there will be extra costs involved. Two extra days are bound to cost something.

Also, I think it is unrealistic to imagine that the Chairs would be there solely in their own capacity. They are being invited as Chairs of their respective SOs and ACs in the first place, after all. But I agree they certainly should not be carrying any group message when they go.

Plus we should bear in mind that this meeting will probably happen even if the GNSO is against it. So do we want to be the only ones not going?

Anyway, I am glad this discussion is starting. I hope Staff can address the valid points you are all making. In the meantime, the message I am getting is that the Council does not want me to take part.

Stéphane