[council] JAS

Andrei Kolesnikov andrei at cctld.ru
Wed Jan 19 19:07:31 UTC 2011

Guys, the question is not closed. My crystal ball gives me a picture
that JAS issues will boomerang to gNSO after strong GAC statement
that larger part of the world was not considered in details.
It may end up with some kind of weird fast track 2.0 developed
without gNSO. I really don't want us to face it in the future.

JAS won't kill dot.coms, they will not rape registration business.
Let them work as ALAC + GNSO with good diversity and no artificial
limitations.  There is alternative way of doing things: just do
it and spend 90% on substance, rather than procedures.

This is not a procedural game. This is real world with
real politics.

--andrei