[council] JAS

Andrei Kolesnikov andrei at cctld.ru
Wed Jan 19 19:50:30 UTC 2011

Sorry Jeff, a very simple question. Why this matter
is not in the scope of the GNSO? Who should think
about the very particular problem: the community
wants GTLD, but have no 1) money and/or 2) experience?
The bylaw defines basic principles of council operations.
But it is not defining a time for a sleep, walk or other
non-listed items. But it doesn't means walking or
sleeping are prohibited.
You, as a VP of law, very educated and experienced
legal guy should not say "it's not our job". This is
really bad for karma. Especially if boss sees it :)
With your experience and ability to navigate through
the dark side of ICANN bureaucracy you should give
council a way, workaround or solution on why
we must do this job and how. Because this job must be done.
And if this job will be done by somebody else, it will
be out of gNSO control and we (including you) can not
guarantee the acceptable result for (in particular gNSO)
community.

--andrei