AW: [council] SO and AC Chairs meeting with Rod before SF

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Thu Jan 20 00:27:55 UTC 2011

Thanks Wolf.

My personal opinion is that it's a mistake for the GNSO to exclude itself from this kind of meeting. In any community and environment, building relationships between people does tend to help bridge differences.

It's actually more convenient for me not to have to take 2 extra days away from home to come to SF early, but I would have done so had the Council been willing to look upon this initiative as one that was about putting some oil in the works. That does not appear to be the case. Councillors from both houses seem to have worries about transparency. I do not know whether there will be transcription at the meeting. As I understand it, it is just an informal get-together and there is no formal agenda planned at all, so I would not expect there to be.

Once again, if someone from Staff can shed more light on this meeting, that may be helpful. As it is, I think the message from the Council is that you do not want me to go, and I have communicated this to Staff.

Thanks,

Stéphane