[council] RE: SPAM-LOW: Re: [ccsg-chairs] Suspending list

Rosemary Sinclair Rosemary.Sinclair at atug.org.au
Thu Jan 20 03:28:30 UTC 2011

Hi Stephane

I'm not sure we've allowed enough time for people to properly consider this idea and reflect on other views

I got the first email on 19th Jan at 4.31am my time (Sydney) and then the suspend list email a little over 24 hours later

With a quite a lot going on with work and otherwise I was not able to express a view within the 24 hours - my apologies for that.

NCSG I think is a good example where (at the moment) our SG Chair SG Policy Chair are not on Council and we have practical difficulty keeping up with the task of ensuring full communication of Council matters so that our SG as a whole can make an informed and constructive contribution to GNSO deliberations.

So I support the suggested list.

Individuals can make their own decision about how closely they need to follow the list..and perhaps not at all.

In a very general sense, it seems to me there is a danger that the increasing specificity of GNSO focus and narrowing of scope will come at the cost of strategic effectiveness for GNSO in ICANN as a whole.

The overarching context provided by the Affirmation of Commitments and the agreed Strategy Plan suggest a preference for open, transparent and engaged communication between GNSO stakeholders and across the ICANN community.

I thought your suggestion was a practical and positive contribution to open dialogue and I am truly sorry I was not able to express this view within the limited (as it turned out) timeframe available.

Cheers

Rosemary

Rosemary Sinclair
Managing Director, ATUG