[council] SO and AC Chairs meeting with Rod before SF

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Thu Jan 20 17:52:11 UTC 2011

I can't support Wolf's approach but would support the following version:

- Communicate to ICANN that the council would like to see the agenda, to
know what arrangements have been made to transcribe and/or record the
meeting, and know what the additional cost is to ICANN.
- Based on Staff response to the above, the Council can make an informed
decision as to whether to formally approve the Chair attending.
- If Stephane decides to attend without that, he is not attending in his
capacity as Chair, only because of it.
- Either way, the Council cannot be committed to anything during the
meeting without Council approval, and Stephane cannot commit to anything
in his capacity as Chair without Council approval.
- Either way, Stephane should provide a comprehensive report to the GNSO
weekend session.

Tim