[council] JAS

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Fri Jan 21 20:00:23 UTC 2011

Bill,

You are right to note the diversity of votes, but then end result is the motion the Council ended up passing. That is what we have to work with, not the previous motion.

So if I summarize the current proposals, we can either ask the JAS WG to work with both charters and highlight which charter it is responding to, where, when it comes to draft its report. Or we can ask the WG to work on the base charter, and "add" the parts that ALAC agreed to.

There are major differences in both approaches. Option 2 means the WG produces a report that the GNSO Council can endorse as-is. Option 1 may mean that the Council has to "pick and choose" which bits of the report it wants to endorse, and which it doesn't.

Stéphane