[council] SO and AC Chairs meeting with Rod before SF

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Fri Jan 28 08:46:26 UTC 2011

John,

My read is that this specific meeting is an attempt to give a group of people that are to work together some informal time to get to know each other better and build relationships which can then come in useful during the course of their day-to-day work within their respective groups.

That is why I think we should all go simply as individuals, and not carry any official message or speak for our respective groups. Any other position would have to be approved by each group beforehand and therefore based on an official agenda. Failing that, it's just us all having afternoon tea and dinner together, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Stéphane