[council] Re: A Senegal travel question

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Fri Jul 8 23:18:47 UTC 2011


I guess it's your decision whether you come or not. I can tell you that I've heard from a few Councillors that they might not come. I understand Dakar might pose a similar insurance problem for Americans that Nairobi did.

We hope to see you there, but if not you should be able to use the remote participation without any problems (apart from the time difference of course).


Le 8 juil. 2011 à 20:56, <john at crediblecontext.com> a écrit :

> Stephane, et. al.,
> The date for a decision to make the trip to Senegal is quickly arriving.  I am up in the air about it.
> To help make me make the decision, I wonder if there are other Council members who are equally unsure at this moment?  Based on the technical support for the Council specifically and the meetings in general, it should easily be doable to participate from Saturday thru Friday at Council and related meetings.
> I have talked to a few folks (not on the Council) about the possibility of creating a U.S. East Coast hub (in DC or NY) for overall, remote participation in the meeting and still engender a sense of coming together.  The time shift would not be egregious (4 hours).
> Would that be of interest to any fellow Councillors?  
> Cheers,
> John Berard

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20110709/86101ace/attachment.html>

More information about the council mailing list