[council] Senegal - Letter with State Dept stamp for personal computers etc.?

Ching Chiao chiao at REGISTRY.ASIA
Thu Jul 21 20:22:34 UTC 2011

I've asked some Afrinic / African colleagues and they've indicated that
there's no such thing on paying tax of personal computer unless you're
bringing in large quantity.

Ching

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Rosette, Kristina <krosette at cov.com>wrote:

>  Greetings!
>
> Have any of the other US folks been told that, in order to avoid paying
> duty on personal computer, iPad, etc., one has to have a letter that
> itemizes the equipment, states it's for personal use, and bears a State
> Department stamp?  When I asked if the State Department stamp meant
> apostille, the person at the Senegalese Embassy didn't know.  Before I go
> (or, more accurately, my assistant goes) chasing this down to find out
> exactly what is needed, I thought I'd check to see if someone else has.
>
> Anyone?

Ching CHIAO
Vice President, DotAsia Organisation LTD.
Chair, Asia Pacific Networking Group
Member of ICANN GNSO Council & RySG
Email: chiao at registry.asia     Skype: chiao_rw
Mobile: +886-918211372  |  +86-13520187032
www.registry.asia | www.apngcamp.asia
www.facebook.com/ching.chiao