FW: [council] Remote Participation for Senegal

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Fri Jul 22 17:05:45 UTC 2011

Forwarded From: Filiz Yilmaz

Dear Glen,

In Senegal, rolling power outages do occur;  however, we are working together with the hotel towards having alternative power supplies like generators etc.

ICANN Staff has been assured by the ISP in Senegal, that Internet connectivity is not affected by rolling power outages since they have redundant power systems too.

Accordingly we plan to provide full remote participation services as usual in Dakar too.

If GNSO's remote participation requirements will be different than the previous ICANN meetings, please let us know these specifics as soon as possible so we can consider these in our planning as necessary and respond back to GNSO.

Kind regards,

Filiz Yilmaz
Sr Dir Participation and Engagement
ICANN