[council] Singapore Dinners

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Tue Jun 7 08:48:00 UTC 2011

Hi Mary,

I support Adrian's suggestion for our social dinner on Saturday. To be honest, although I understand your desire and Glen's desire to wait until the very last minute for Board confirmation, I think that considering they have not gotten back to us at this late stage, we can expect that there will be no dinner with them for us in Singapore.

Maybe you prefer to wait a few more days before setting our dinner plans in stone and that probably makes sense. But at this stage, I have to admit I am pessimistic.

If we don't hear anything by the end of the week, I plan to send Peter a message expressing the Council's disappointment at not even getting a response, let alone actually getting a positive response, from the Board on our dinner plans.

On a side note, the Council should be aware that I got a note from Heather yesterday evening suggesting that we cancel our meeting with the GAC for Singapore outright. Heather makes some positive suggestions for our meetings with the GAC at future ICANN meetings, but it is clear, as I indicated on this list a few days ago, that for Singapore the work on new gTLDs will once again severely disrupt the rest of the community's work.

I have not responded to Heather yet, as I only got the note last night, but wanted to give folks here a heads-up on what is likely to happen in Singapore.

Thanks,

Stéphane