[council] Fwd: Postponed to Tuesday 14 June 2011 @ 1300 UTC / JAS WG - Board - GAC proposed June 7 meeting

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Tue Jun 7 22:20:07 UTC 2011

Hi Rafik,

Le 7 juin 2011 à 16:38, Rafik Dammak a écrit :

> Hello Stephane,
>

> This call continues to puzzle me. There has been little reaction on this list to the emails I've sent informing of the call, so I have not pushed this in any way. But this call does make me uncomfortable.
> JAS is a co-chartered group. It has produced an INTERIM report. Without much consultation with the GNSO, a call is organised by ALAC for the Board and the GAC to ask questions on this interim report.
>

> I think that you were informed via Olivier about the organizing this call and he coordinated with you in that matter.

I was informed yes, and have informed the Council whenever I was informed. However there has been no coordination with the GNSO on organising this call (or at least none that has involved me).

> In essence, I don't have any problem with this. I think it's actually very useful for a group like the JAS to explain its interim reports if people have questions.
>
> But part of me is thinking that because its an interim report, I am surprised that the Board would want to ask questions at this stage. I hear that the JAS WG is preparing a 3rd milestone report. I don't know if this is true and if this means that there will be a final report after this 3rd MS report (Rafik, can you perhaps shed some light on this please?). If that's the case, then this seems early days to get direct Board involvement.
>
> Jeff asked the same question before and I replied it: the WG is working to finish the remained items in the charter, not covered in MR2. there was no any decision made about 3rd MR, the WG is only committed to finish it works in regard to the mandate given by its chartering organizations. I think that is possible to receive questions and feedback at any stages.

Absolutely, now you mention it I remember seeing your previous answer to Jeff. There's been so much email traffic on this in the last few days that it's sometimes hard to keep track ;)