[council] Arrangements for Sat night Council dinner

Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu
Mon Jun 13 15:29:08 UTC 2011

Hello everyone - the restaurant needs a head count to reserve tables for us - can you do me a favor and check (below) to see that I've got your name down in the correct (yes/no) place?

As mentioned, the dinner will be on Saturday night, at 8.30 p.m. It will be at a restored historic townhouse in one of the older parts of Singapore, and will feature Peranakan (also known as Nonya or Straits-Chinese) food. It's a cuisine unique to the British Straits Settlements colonies of Singapore/Malacca/Penang, as it is the result of intermarriage between the immigrant Chinese and the native Malays: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peranakan_cuisine. Although the restaurant itself is simple, the food is authentic and good :)

Total cost (including food, non-alcoholic beverages and van transport to/from the venue, which is about 10 minutes' drive away from the Convention Center): S$63 (US$50). Please bring this amount (in either Singapore or US dollars) to the Council working lunch session on Saturday, for collection by Glen and me, as the restaurant cannot do individual checks. A separate check will be made out for alcohol (beer and wine) ordered at the restaurant, so bring some extra cash to dinner if you're planning to drink something other than juices and sodas :)

- YES: Jeff, Alan, John, Wolf, Bill, Olga, Stephane, Ching, Debbie, Wendy, Rosemary (?), Jonathan, Kristina, Carlos, Adrian, me, Glen, Margie, Liz, Julie, Marika, Gisella, David O., Rob

- NO (sorry, guys): David T., Rafik, Kurt

- For those who haven't yet responded to the Doodle poll, would you mind shooting me a quick email to say yea or nay?

Thanks everyone! Safe travels, and see you all in a few days!

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
Director, Franklin Pierce Center for IP
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH 03301USAEmail: mary.wong at law.unh.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage: http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584