[council] GNSO Council Meeting 16 March 13:30-17:30 local time

David Olive david.olive at icann.org
Fri Mar 11 12:25:01 UTC 2011

Dear Stephane and GNSO Council Members:

As you know,  we have had to move the GNSO Council meeting from the Ballroom to another room because of recent schedule changes. The most appropriate space for the Council meeting is to move it back to the Tower Salon A where the weekend working sessions will be held. We have worked hard with the ICANN meeting staff to arrange the room in a way that we hope will be acceptable.

The Tower Salon A room set-up will be:

- a head table, long L shape (closed on both ends) for the Council and 3/4 staff, (27)
- the audience will be seated in front of the head table, seating for 100+ as if they were in an auditorium, but flat, no raised 'stage'.
- plasma screens in front of the Council members,
- live scribing and two big screens
- lunch at 13:00 for the Council only
- coffee/tea break in the room for the Council only

The meeting will start at 13:30 and go on to 17:30 local time.

In addition, please note that continuing discussions between the Board and the Governmental Advisory Committee have also resulted in schedule changes for ICANN's upcoming meeting Silicon Valley – San Francisco Public Meeting.  The Silicon Valley meeting schedule will be updated shortly.   More information is at http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-10mar11-en.htm.

 We apologize for these last minute changes, which we know may cause some inconvenience.

Best regards,         David

David A. Olive
Vice President, Policy Development Support
1101 New York Avenue, NW - Suite 930 - Washington, D.C.    20005
Office: 202.570.7126      Mobile:  202.341.3611