[council] Short summary of GAC/GNSO discussions

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Mon Mar 14 21:13:16 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I thought it might be useful for me to just jot down some of the points that were made during our joint meeting with the GAC yesterday, as this is probably something that we would want to continue discussing.

The GAC suggested that we "reverse the liaison" and provide a point of contact from each GNSO group to them.

The GAC restated their difficulty in participating in working groups as they are unable to participate in a personal capacity.

The GAC suggested we might think about producing common GAC/GNSO communiqués.

The GAC expressed the need for a "GNSO 101", i.e. some guide to the way the GNSO works. They also indicated that they were about to start discussing their "working methods" internally.

Thanks,

Stéphane