[council] JAS motion

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:12:31 UTC 2011

Hi Jeff,

I am happy to clarify and avoid any confusion that you may have.
here quick answers to your questions.

   - it already has had community comment once, but a final one for the
   Board's benefit.

   - Yes, the implementation work should start in parallel so that there is
   a chance for this to be available when the new gTLD process begins. As with
   the gTLD process, once the implementation is ready, the Board will have
   another opportunity to review and give a final go ahead or stop.  But it
   will take time for the Staff to think through this proposal. And since this
   is important to the GAC and ALAC,having a plan in implementation study makes
   it less likely that the start of new gTLDs will be held up because of the
   absence of a plan to support applicants from developing regions.

   - The Board is only going to review during the May retreat. Decisions
   won't be made until June and at that time, hopefully, the GNSO will have had
   time to review.

Regards

Rafik Dammak
Twitter: @rafik