[council] GNSO Council teleconference schedule

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Sat May 21 12:22:37 UTC 2011

FYI

Following on from agenda item 9 of our last meeting and your discussions on that item, I am instructing Glen to look at scheduling the GNSO Council's meetings at 4 (instead of 3) week intervals from September on.

I do want to say that I think we should all give ourselves a pat on the back for getting to the point where this is possible.

Those of you who were on the Council a year and a half ago, when Chuck became chair, will remember that he initiated discussions around the meeting schedule at our wrap-up meeting in Seoul in 2009. At the time, the Council felt that its workload was just too heavy to change the one-meeting-every-3-week schedule. We decided to focus on prioritization and work to decrease that schedule, and then commit to revisiting the meeting schedule.

So I think we should all be proud of the fact that we have now achieved enough on this issue that a schedule change becomes plausible. Our last 2 Council meetings have ended more than 10 minutes early, and that to me is the last sign, if any was needed, that we can safely look at a schedule change.

So thanks to everyone for the hard work since that 2009 Seoul meeting on reaching our stated objectives.

Stéphane