: [council] Fwd: Follow-up to the second JAS WG report

Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu
Mon May 23 14:04:10 UTC 2011

As I'd indicated on the Council call, I believe it's our duty to correct
factual misrepresentations that we know have taken place by/within the
GNSO community. As such, I support sending the letter as Stephane now
has it (i.e. including Bill's language).

I note also that neither this version nor my earlier attempts to
achieve a similar result are "NCSG positions" as such, although I
believe a number of other NCSG Councilors share my view.

As Jeff points out, we are not in a position to alter what ALAC/At
Large did as part of their process. We are, however, obliged not to
permit continued misperceptions about what happened to circulate amongst
our community.

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
Director, Franklin Pierce Center for IP
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH
03301USAEmail: mary.wong at law.unh.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage:
http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on
the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at:
http://ssrn.com/author=437584>>>