[council] New RrSG officers

Mason Cole mcole at nameking.com
Wed Nov 23 20:03:22 UTC 2011

Council colleagues --

I'd like to update the council regarding recently concluded RrSG elections for Chair and Vice Chair.

Gray Chynoweth has been elected Chair.  He will serve the remainder of the term to which I was elected last May, ending on May 31, 2012.  Gray is general counsel of Dyn, Inc., and is a neighbor of Mary Wong in New Hampshire here in the U.S. : )

Matt Serlin has been elected Vice Chair.  He will serve the remainder of the term to which Statton Hammock was elected (Statton left the employ of a registrar and thus had to step down), also ending May 31, 2012.  Matt is an executive with MarkMonitor and is located in Boise, Idaho, in the U.S.

Both took office at the conclusion of the election on Monday of this week.  And since Matt served as our Secretary, we will soon have to conduct another election to fill that position.

Gray and Matt are very interested in continuing collaborative work with the council, and I encourage all councilors to get to know them both.

Happy Thanksgiving to all celebrating!!

Mason