[council] Nom-com appointees to the GNSO Council

Jonathan Robinson jonathan.robinson at ipracon.com
Thu Oct 20 11:02:28 UTC 2011

Dear Adam,

I am aware that there has been some e-mail discussion about the nom-com
appointees to the GNSO Council.  In this regard, I thought it would be
helpful if I brought you up to speed with a couple of details.

It may be helpful to you to know that In the absence of specific direction
from the NomCom on assignments, Thomas Rickert and the CPH previously agreed
for Thomas to be the appointee assigned to the CPH.  Indeed, this was
announced to the Council by email back in early September and raised no
concerns at the time.

Following on from this and in an effort to help Thomas get to know our
house, and vice-versa, we held an introductory house meeting with Thomas by
telephone a couple of weeks ago.

This meeting  comprised an informal introductory discussion, including
background and prior experience.  It was a helpful start to the working
relationship and the CPH and Thomas being able to get to know one another
better.

My first impressions of Thomas were very positive so, on a personal note,
thank-you for the Nom-Com’s effective work in appointing him.  I anticipate
that he will make a constructive and positive addition to the Council.

If there is something you need to do to formalise this assignment, I expect
that the CPH and Thomas will be most grateful if you could proceed to do so.

Best wishes,

Jonathan