[council] Wrap-up topics

Thomas Rickert rickert at anwaelte.de
Thu Oct 27 10:51:25 UTC 2011

Stéphane,
thanks for putting this together.

You might wish to add a few minutes to discuss which projects the new Councillors will be working on, in particular the NCAs.

It is well understood that we have a full plate of work and limited resources and we should try to make the best use of our resources / expertise.

As far as I am concerned, I am happy to say a few words about where I think I could add and be guided by the Council as to where I fit in best.

Thanks and see you all at 12.30.

Thomas

Am 27.10.2011 um 09:46 schrieb Stéphane Van Gelder:

> Councillors,
>
> As you know, our ICANN meeting wrap-up sessions do not have a set agenda, as they are discussions and stock-taking sessions.
>
> As pointers to those discussions, here are a few topics we might like to consider. These are just suggestions stemming from the notes I have been taking throughout the week. We don't have to discuss them all during the wrap-up, and we can obviously add or delete topics as desired.
>
> See you all in Salon Vert room from 12:30 to 2pm today.
>
> Stéphane
>

> IOC Red Cross, working with the GAC
>
> A letter has been drafted, to be sent by GNSO Council Chair to GAC Chair. Edits/comments? Should we send?
>

> Best practices
>
> Where to next? What does the Council want to do now?
>

> JAS Final report
>
> What do we want to do now? We reserved our right to approve it in the resolution we passed and we heard from Kurt on Sunday that Staff would now like some direction from the GNSO Council on whether we approve it or not.
>

> NCA
>
> Discussion of possible interactions between the Council and the NomCom going forward (see notes from meeting between NomCom and GNSO leadership earlier this week).
>

> Cross-TLD registration scam and domain kiting
>
> See response from SSAC Chair Patrik Faltstrom sent to Council list this week.  Next steps for the Council?
>

> ccNSO
>
> Suggestions from the ccNSO to have work sessions together on looking at the strategic plan. Our response?
>

> A suggestion that the GNSO joins the ccNSO in requesting extra detail from the CFO on the budget.
>

> Meetings: how do we strengthen our meetings with the ccNSO? How do we build the agenda in an effective way? The ccNSO has dedicated 2 people to looking at the agenda. The suggestion is that the GNSO agenda person liaise with them.
>

> Post newgTLD landscape
>
> Should the GNSO Council be looking at how the community will change as a result of new gTLDs and VI and ccNSO registries providing new gTLD services and vice-versa?
>

> Costa Rica preparation
>
> Who will handle the agenda?
>

> Open Council meeting: Presentations by SG and C chairs at the start of the open council meeting. A suggestion to post a list of topics to the constituency list prior to the Open Council meeting so that the group leaders know what they are going to discuss…
>

> GNSO teleconference schedule for the upcoming year
>
> Secretariat to suggest a schedule, to be approved by Leadership team.

Thomas Rickert, Rechtsanwalt
Schollmeyer &  Rickert Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft m.b.H. (i.e. law firm)
Geschäftsführer / CEO: Torsten Schollmeyer, Thomas Rickert
HRB 9262, AG Bonn

Büro / Office Bonn:
Kaiserplatz 7-9, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228 74 898 - 0

Büro / Office Frankfurt a.M.:
Savignystraße 43, 60325 Frankfurt, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)69 714 021 - 56

Zentralfax: +49 (0)228 74 898 - 66

mailto: rickert at anwaelte.de
skype-id: trickert