[council] Proposed Amendments to JAS Motion

Neuman, Jeff Jeff.Neuman at neustar.us
Tue Sep 20 02:25:44 UTC 2011

Sure thing Rafik.  I will do my best to explain the changes.  All of the changes center around the fact that we want to send this report to the Board after the meeting this Thursday and not delay their consideration of the contents.  However, due to the fact that we just got the report, we cannot as a council state that we have digested all of its contents nor have we had enough time as a community to state that we agree with all of the recommendations.  In addition, we want to reserve the right as a community and as a council to provide comments on any implementation of the recommendations developed by staff.

We also ask that staff begin developing an implementation plan (just changing the words from “begin working on an implementation of the recommendations” to “develop an implementation plan following the JAS WG recommendations, subject to comments received from the GNSO community”).  This highlights the fact that comments may not be comments from the Council, but can be from SOs, constituencies, etc.  IN fact, you have already seen some comments and questions from the Registries this past weekend.

That’s pretty much it.  We want the staff and board to get this ASAP (and realize the ALAC will likely forward to the board anyway), but want to reserve all of our rights to provide comment and input on this report and any implementation.

I hope that helps.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.