[council] Discussion Paper on the Creation of Best Practices to Address the Abusive Registrations of Domain Names

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Wed Sep 28 10:20:22 UTC 2011

Dear All,

As requested by the GNSO Council, please find attached the discussion paper on 'the creation of non-binding best practices to help registrars andregistries address the abusive registrations of domain names' prepared by ICANN Staff. We would like to suggest that the GNSO Council consider opening a public comment forum on this document to allow for community input on the issues outlined in the paper as well as the proposed next steps. Should the Council agree with this suggestion, a time has been tentatively reserved at the ICANN meeting in Senegal to organize a workshop on the paper and solicit community input (scheduled for Wednesday 26 October from 9.00 – 10.30 local time). We look forward to receiving your feedback.

With best regards,

Marika