[council] Did we receive a briefing paper on the process for amendments to sTLD charters?

Rosette, Kristina krosette at cov.com
Thu Sep 29 15:47:31 UTC 2011

All,

I was just reading the BGC's December 9, 2010 recommendation on the .jobs Charter Compliance Coalition reconsideration request and came across this footnote on page 12:

4 The BGC also thinks that the Board should address the need for a process to evaluate amendments that may have the effect of changing, or seeking to change, an sTLD Charter or Stated Purpose of a sponsored, restricted or community-based TLD. Because such a process may impact gTLDs greatly and is a policy issue, the GNSO is the natural starting point for evaluating such a process. We therefore further recommend that the Board direct the CEO to create a briefing paper for the GNSO to consider on this matter, and for the GNSO to determine whether a policy development process should be commenced.

I don't recall receiving any such briefing paper.  Did we receive one?  If so, would the relevant staff person mind sending me a copy of it?  Thanks!