[council] NomCom discussion

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Mon Aug 6 19:11:54 UTC 2012

Councillors,

FYI. In the context of our ongoing discussions with the NomCom, which I have kept you informed of, and of Vanda's latest message asking us if we had a transcript of the Dakar meeting when we discussed the NCA allocation procedure, I asked Glen to search for a such a transcript. She did a fantastic job of coming up with the text below, and as a follow-up I have asked Vanda to let us know when the NomCom would make a final determination for this year's NCA assignments and inform us of this.

I will note that my understanding from the text below, and Rob Hall's explanations, is that the NomCom actually only assign when they pick the candidates. If that is correct, it would mean that the NomCom will only give us directions for the single NCA they pick this year, leaving the other two assignments up to the Council. This seems to me to be consistent with what Vanda has already told us, but as I mentioned above, I have asked her for a final determination from the NomCom just to make sure we are doing what needs to be done on this issue.

Copying Vanda and Rob on this to make sure they are in the loop as well.

Thanks,

Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur Général / General manager
INDOM Group NBT France