[council] Final Consumer Metrics Advice: round two

john at crediblecontext.com john at crediblecontext.com
Wed Dec 5 23:02:04 UTC 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Recall that the initial review of the Consumer Metrics Advice led to a
review of its approach.  That second round of discussion has now taken
place and as the GNSO Council liaison to the Consumer Metrics Working
Group, it is my pleasure to forward for discussion at our next meeting a
copy of the final advice letter (attached).

As background, this effort is in response to the Affirmation of
Commitments requirement for a post-new gTLD launch review of
competition, consumer trust and consumer choice.  The ICANN Board
resolved in December 2010 to request advice from the ALAC, GAC, GNSO and
ccNSO on establishing the definition, measures, and three year targets
for those measures, for competition, consumer trust and consumer choice.

That advice also can be found on the CTCCC Page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/cctc/cctc-final-advice-letter-05dec12-en.pdf.

Thanks to all who participated, with a special "shout out" to Berry Cobb
and Steve Delbianco. Look next for a motion to be considered at our next
Council meeting.

Cheers,

John Berard
Founder