[council] FW: Letter from the GAC regarding IOC/RC Protections

Jonathan Robinson jonathan.robinson at ipracon.com
Thu Dec 20 14:30:57 UTC 2012

All,

Regarding Observers, the GNSO Operating Procedures provide for the following (My emphasis)

The GNSO Council may agree with the Council of any other ICANN Supporting Organization or

Advisory Committee to exchange observers. Such observers shall not be members of, or entitled

to vote or make motions on, the GNSO Council, but otherwise shall be entitled to participate on

equal footing with members of the GNSO Council. The appointing Council shall designate its

observer (or revoke or change the designation of its observer) on the GNSO Council by

providing written notice to the Chair of the GNSO Council and to the ICANN Secretary.

My sense is that the GAC do not see this as something they wish to take up.

However, my thought is that it is something we should remind them of and make sure that they at least consider it.

Jonathan