[council] Motion to initiate a PDP on thick Whois

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Sat Feb 4 10:48:58 UTC 2012

Councillors,

Please find attached a motion on thick whois that I wish to make.

Please note that, although I have discussed with the registrars before making the motion, I am making it in my capacity as Chair of the GNSO Council in order to make sure work that has been undertaken in this area continues to move forwards.

The motion simply follows the staff recommendation outlined in the issue report.

I would ask all of you to take this motion back to your respective groups and confer with them prior to our next meeting.

This motions suggests the initiation of a new PDP, so it should not be taken lightly.

Thanks,

Stéphane