[council] Fwd: Statement of the ALAC on the Joint ccNSO and GNSO Working Group on Single Character IDN TLDs

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Sun Jan 1 17:58:51 UTC 2012

Councillors, FYI.

As a reminder, please also note that the ccNSO is still considering its own course of action with regards to the JIG letter that we approved be forwarded to the Board during our Dec 15 meeting.

This from ccNSO Chair Lesley Cowley's email sent on Dec 20 to me as GNSO Chair:
The ccNSO Council discussed the draft letter to the ICANN Board at length on our call earlier today.

Whilst the Council remains keen to support single character IDN TLDs, we did not fully support the way forward contained in the letter and therefore resolved to draft a separate ccNSO letter to the Board on this matter. We hope to do so fairly swiftly and I will let you have a copy of the letter as soon as possible.

The letter is referenced in ALAC's statement to the Board.

Stéphane

Début du message réexpédié :