FW: [council] Council teleconference dates

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Fri Jul 27 20:17:03 UTC 2012

Dear Councillors,

It is my understanding that there have been no objections to cancelling the August Council meeting. The next Council meeting will be on 13 September, instead of the  originally scheduled  6 September so as to have  a month between the meetings.

New dates for the Council meetings:

Thursday, 13 September 2012, at 15:00 UTC -  Motion and document deadline Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Wednesday,  17 October 2012 , at 14:00 local time - Public Council meeting inToronto -  Motion and document deadline Tuesday, 9 October 2012.

These are posted on the calendar page

Thank you.
Kind regards,


Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org<mailto:gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org>

From: owner-council at gnso.icann.org [mailto:owner-council at gnso.icann.org] On Behalf Of Stéphane Van Gelder
Sent: mardi 24 juillet 2012 23:10
To: john at crediblecontext.com
Cc: Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu; council at gnso.icann.org
Subject: Re: [council] Council teleconference dates

I agree. Glen, unless anyone objects by the end of the week, please amend the Council agenda accordingly.


Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur Général / General manager
INDOM Group NBT France
Registry Relations and Strategy Director
Group NBT

Le 24 juil. 2012 à 22:45, <john at crediblecontext.com<mailto:john at crediblecontext.com>> a écrit :


August is culturally problematic on a global scale.  I think we should
cancel it and meet in September.


John Berard
Credible Context
58 West Portal Avenue, #291
San Francisco, CA 94127
m: 415.845.4388

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [council] Council teleconference dates
From: Stéphane_Van_Gelder <stephane.vangelder at indom.com<mailto:stephane.vangelder at indom.com>>
Date: Fri, July 20, 2012 12:50 pm
To: <Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu<mailto:Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu>>
Cc: <council at gnso.icann.org<mailto:council at gnso.icann.org>>

Thanks Mary,

It appears that the August date is a problem. We could also just decide
not to have a meeting in August, as originally planned, and have just
the one in September and then the AGM in October...


Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur Général / General manager
INDOM Group NBT France
Registry Relations and Strategy Director

Group NBT

Le 20 juil. 2012 à 20:54, <Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu<mailto:Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu>> a écrit :

 Hi everyone,

As we were out of time today I didn't want to bring this up at the end
of the call, hence this email, which is about the proposed date of 27
August for the next Council call.

It would appear that 4 out of 6 NCSG Councilors as well as Jonathan will
not be able to make it, as far as I know.I don't know what that would do
to quorum as well as representation, but thought that I ought to bring
it up to the group for discussion/decision.

Thanks and cheers

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
Director, Franklin Pierce Center for IP
03301 USA Email: mary.wong at law.unh.edu<mailto:mary.wong at law.unh.edu> Phone: 1-603-513-5143 Webpage:
http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.php Selected writings available on
the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at:

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20120727/4968b746/attachment.html>

More information about the council mailing list