[council] Updated Agenda for the GNSO Council Meeting 7 June 2012 at 20:00 UTC

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Thu Jun 7 10:08:04 UTC 2012

*rant warning*

Bill, it would be nice if people just made a small effort to read the stuff that's posted to this list!

After the last Council meeting, I followed-up with a note to the Council listing the action items. One of them was this. I drafted an initial proposal and sent it to the Council list. There was a very small number of comments and then nothing.

Understanding that everyone is very busy, and not wishing for anyone to be blindsided by this, I went to the trouble of sending a reminder to the Council on June 4. In that reminder, I had wrote the following:

On the IOC/RC, I have not seen any further comments following the initial draft message that Thomas had sent to the Council list, of which I attach a copy to this message for reference. As such, this item will be considered as part of our consent agenda for the June 7 meeting. I will be asking the Council to approve me sending the note (as drafted by Thomas or as amended during the June 7 teleconference if there are some comments made then) to the GAC.

And I attached the draft once again to that email (attached here once again for reference)!

I'm sure therefore that you can understand my frustration, at seeing you now imply that the letter has not been seen before and that this has not been discussed before. That's just the situation I was trying to avoid: us getting to the consent agenda without having first discussed and agreed something.

We are all very busy. My job as Chair is to try and move us forward on some of the live projects we have on. Please help me do that.

Thanks,

Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur Général / General manager
INDOM Group NBT France