[council] GNSO Council chat transcript 7 June 2012

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Thu Jun 7 22:14:39 UTC 2012

Marika Konings: GNSO Council Meeting - 7 June 2012

David Olive: Thanks, Glen

Glen de Saint Gery: Good day all - welcome

Mary Wong: Hello everyone - so sorry I'm late (was in another meeting).

Jonathan Robinson: I agree with and support Thomas's suggestion

Bill Drake: yes PDF is difficult

rafik dammak: @thomas +1

Joy Liddicoat: which does not violate freedom of expression, privacy and related rights

Marika Konings: Maybe to help clarify, this is from the RAP WG Final Report in relation to Whois Access: 'The RAPWG found that the basic accessibility of WHOIS has an inherent relationship to domain registration process abuses, and is a key issue related to the malicious use of domain names. It appears that WHOIS data is not always accessible on a guaranteed or enforceable basis, is not always provided by registrars in a reliable, consistent, or predictable fashion, and that users sometimes receive different WHOIS results depending on where or how they perform the lookup. There may also be issues with the enforcement of existing obligations. These issues interfere with registration processes, registrant decision-making, and with the ability of parties across the Internet to solve a variety of problems'

Joy Liddicoat: Sure Stephane

Marika Konings: The document up now is the one that Wolf was referring to which was sent by Kurt.
Joy Liddicoat: Sure Stephane

Marika Konings: The document up now is the one that Wolf was referring to which was sent by Kurt.

Jeff Neuman: Sorry all, I have to drop of. Will follow up later.

Jeff Neuman: Thanks!

Bill Drake: a well oiled machine...

Joy Liddicoat: Thanks Stephane and Glen

Glen de Saint Géry