[council] GAC interaction

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Fri Jun 15 09:52:23 UTC 2012

Councillors,

You will recall that a few days ago, the GAC sent us some proposed topics for our interaction with them in Prague.

You will also recall that when I posted these topics here, I explained that some seemed unclear.

Heather Dryden, the GAC Chair, has now sent me additional notes on the topics in question. Please see below her comments. I suggest we respond so any proposed comments back would be useful. Thanks.

I think it's more of a general request to find out about the new pdp: why have one? how it would work etc.  As you might know, the GAC is particularly interested in ways to integrate GAC advice early on in the process, so that a community consensus policy could be put forward to the Board by the GNSO, wherever possible.  The work of the Board/GAC Recommendation Implementation working group (to implement the various GAC-related A&T) is also still underway and there is a recommendation about finding a way to include GAC advice early in the pdp.  All this to say, that if this does not resonate with you, or the topic could be recast to make it more beneficial, then by all means make suggestions.  Would you like an update from the GAC on the BGRI work?  Something else?

On the second topic, no major objective.  GAC colleagues might not have considered how the current round could impact the GNSO and the composition of its stakeholder groups.  If you could briefly talk about how the GNSO is planning for this or is it a "wait and see" approach, what are the expected impacts...?  Again, happy to hear your perspective.

Stéphane Van Gelder
Directeur Général / General manager
INDOM Group NBT France
Head of Domain Operations