[council] RE: Motion on WHOIS Access recommendation

Neuman, Jeff Jeff.Neuman at neustar.us
Tue Jun 19 10:52:51 UTC 2012

Ok, but why are we so concerned with a registrar SLA if they are required to pass through the accurate data to the registries and the registries have an uptime slas.  If it just com and net that are the issue because not thick registries, well that is being dealt with in the thick Whois pdp already initiated which will start later this year.

In short, between all of the work underway ( the protocol work, the negotiations, the thick Whois pdp, the Whois require,ends survey, the Pdp intimated by the board dealing with picket fence issues in the RAA, the Whois studies, etc.), I think everything is covered.

Sent with Good (www.good.com)